Financial Literacy Workshops are here!!!!
Come have fun and learn all about money! How do you get it? What can you do with it? How do you make it grow?
Money Cents is a fun, information-packed workshop for kids and teens. At the workshop, kids will learn essential financial skills for today's world. Topics include:
* What money is
* How we obtain money
* The five "uses" for money
* Smart budgeting
* Spending wisely
* What debt is and how to borrow responsibly
* Credit score
* Understanding interest (ok, there's a little math in this part!)
* Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance and income tax
* Keeping money safe in a digital world
Presented by financial advisor Scott Boassaly, a former high school business teacher and the president of Balance Financial, the workshop is intended for tweens and teens who are starting to have their own money and need to know how to manage it.